Hello Everyone! With my Summer Classes wrapped up and finally getting my account back I decided to celebrate by opening this tattoo drawing contest! This Journal will explain the rules and requirements and if anything is confusing or you have questions don't be afraid to ask or send a note so I can clarify. Thanks for reading and good luck to all participants!
Due to unforeseen circumstances I will be extending the Deadlines and making them end at the same time on November 18th 2017
. I really didn't want to extend it this far since I know there are some artists that will be celebrating Holidays close to that time and I didn't want to interfere with that but the situation that I'm dealing with is of high importance and I cannot predict how the future outcome will effect my ability to be attentive during the time the prior deadlines were. I apologize if this is inconvenient for some people. ; ^ ;Update 9/9/2017:
I made a small clarification for designs
as the items listed were being confused for not allowing other creative inputs from artists. :'D This will not affect current entries! And my replies to any future entries may or may not be delayed due to Hurricane Irma. Please know I greatly appreciate all your hard work and stay safe for anyone in Irma or Jose's path!
: Price has increased, deadlines extended in consideration of Holidays, and additional judge has been added! Thank you all for your interest!
- Submitting your work on the appropriate comment tab below.
- If your work is not submitted correctly it might be overlooked and therefore not counted.
- If you want to ensure your entry is in you may also submit your entry through notes and please say so in the designated comment tab.
- You may submit multiple entries for a greater chance to win!
- Digital and traditional work would be best to submit so the clarity of the tattoos may be visible. (It's okay to ask if you have another method though).
- Drawing OCs in chibi form is allowed so long as the tattoos are visible; or are placed to the side and enlarged to see detail.
- You may not trace over the original work of my OCs doing so is automatic disqualification from this contest.
- No scary blood or gore please. ^ ^'
- You cannot submit tattoo designs that are NOT YOURS.
- Tattoo designs must be original.
- Deadline for Tattoo Only Category is: November 18th 2017
- Deadline for OC Drawn with Tattoo is: November 18th 2017
There will be 2 categories for the convenience of those who cannot draw the original characters but can design tattoos. The winners will be chosen from either category as there is no separate prize for entering one category over the other.
OCs Tattoo Location and Descriptions You May Use:Location areas are pretty much set in stone, unless you have an idea please ask me first, but you do not have to be limited to these tattoo designs unless stated otherwise. These are just giving you an idea of what I'm looking for. Be creative and have fun with this too!
- Ari: Location- Arms, small tattoos on neck.
- Inari: Location- Back.
- Mathilde: Location- Back.
- Cempa: Location- Parts of chest and parts of arms.
For those with skulls No
Cute or Gorey Skulls Please! Be aware these are just suggestions and for you to get a feel of the characters! You are free to twist some of these ideas or add something completely new unless otherwise stated!
- Ari: Arabic quotes, Lotus, Peonies, Trees, Cacti, Music, etc.
- Inari: Flowered Skull, Geometric Flowered Skull, etc.
- Mathilde: Cross, feathers, skulls, trees, etc.
- Cempa: Skulls, Aztec/Mayan inspired, Virgin Mary, Flowers, Cacti, Mexican lore tattoos, etc.
Tattoo Only Category: You are not obligated to draw OCs with your designed tattoo.
- You are free to just submit tattoo designs and still have a chance of winning 1st Place.
- Please follow the guidelines above for locations and designs of tattoos.
- Please know only traditional or digital work will be accepted, unless another medium is approved.
- People who do draw tattoo designs already on the OC may have a good chance to win, but if your design has quality and detail it has equal chance of winning.
OC Drawn with Tattoo Category:
If drawing OC with tattoo the clothes (or lack there of) may fall under these:
- Ari: Drawn with black crop tops to show off arm and neck tattoos
- Inari: Partially clothed or topless to see back tattoo
- Mathilde: Tank top, or partially clothed or topless to see back tattoo
- Cempa: Also partially clothed or topless to show chest and arm tattoos
or 6400 pts
or 4000 pts
or 1600 pts
1. Submissions will not be used for profit!
2. I will credit you to any future commissions that will show your design.
3. If I ever do use the designs for other than personal purposes I will contact you to get your permission.
4. You are free to enter in both categories and increase your chances of winning!
5. Please do not draw any of these OCs together. Cempa is from an entirely different story from Ari, Inari, and Mathilde.
6. You cannot draw my OCs with other OCs or anime characters.
7. Deadline will be extended if there are not a lot of entries or if requested by artists for more time.
8. I will only be able to compensate the winners through Points
so please be aware of this prior to entering.
9. If a minimum of 20 entries are not reached I will unfortunately have to cancel the contest.
Once again Good Luck everyone and thanks for taking the time to read this! I would appreciate if anyone would like to spread the word!